Applying to Chelsea
Chelsea Academy admits students who show academic promise, embrace the ideals of the school, and desire to develop their potential for intellectual, physical, moral, and spiritual growth. A student’s character and interests are also considered in the admissions process.
Chelsea operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are accepted starting in November for the following academic year, and they are processed as received. For an application to be complete, students must submit the application paperwork, a teacher’s recommendation, their academic records, and the $40 application fee. In addition, they must write a short essay and take an admissions test, and along with their parents, they must meet with the administration for an interview. Applications for grades 4-12 are considered.
To apply, please follow the following steps:
- Complete an Application Form, including the parents’ statement and the applicant’s essay.
- Submit at least one full year of grade reports or school records that include the most recent reporting period. (See Request for Academic Records.)
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a current teacher (using the Teacher Recommendation Form).
- Take the admissions test.
- Meet with an administrator for the required interviews.
The admissions test takes less than an hour. Both the test and the interviews are held at the school and can be arranged by calling (540) 635-0622.
Parents are notified of the school’s decision within two weeks upon completion of all five steps of the admissions process.